Purchasing and owning a home is a large investment that requires much thought and planning. Between repairs, upgrades, and home improvement projects, the additional costs other than purchasing a home can be significant. Often, the most expensive home repair project a homeowner may face is roof repair or replacement. Roof repair/replacement can leave homeowners with thousands of dollars in unexpected expenses. If you are planning on purchasing a home it is recommended you get a comprehensive analysis of the condition of the roof so you will be able to better anticipate when a roof repair/replacement may be needed in the future. Should you need to repair or replace a roof it is important to be aware of the most important questions you should ask a potential roofing company to help ensure you are working with a qualified, reputable roofer. Below are some of the important questions you should always ask potential roofer before they begin a project.
Questions to Ask
- Are you licensed? It is important to only use roofers licensed in your state.
- Do you carry insurance? This includes general liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance.
- What is your company name and address? If your roofer doesn’t have a local physical address or uses a P.O. Box chances are you should look elsewhere for a roofer.
- Is there a warranty on the roof and your work? There should be a warranty on the work and the roofing materials. The longer the better.
- Do you have references? Follow up with previous customers to receive feedback on the roofer’s previous work.
- Do you provide an estimate? An estimate is important to get so you know what your costs will be in advance.
- How long will my project take? Finding out the anticipated length of the project can help you if you need to make adjustments to your personal schedule.
The above questions will help ensure that you select a qualified, honest, reputable roofer and well as help to make your roofing project run smoothly. It is important to remember to ask these questions before a roofer begins a job to avoid any additional headaches.
Who to Call
Crown Roofing is your trusted friend for all your roofing needs. You can count on us to provide the highest quality of roof repair, re-roof, roof maintenance, or new construction roof for your home or business. There is no job that is too small and no task that is too big. Crown Roofing has offices in Central, South and Southwest Florida. Call us today for a free estimate.